- This event has passed.
Beyond COVID-19: Communications for What Comes Next
May 27, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
It won’t be business as usual, but as states roll out plans to reopen their economies, communications professionals must be prepared to ease tensions, telegraph confidence, and persuade internal and external audiences to adapt successfully. In addition, communicators must be ready to segue into crisis situations as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
Join us as acclaimed communicator, and author Doug Levy draws from his experience as a leader in journalism, crisis communications, and reputation management to present a roadmap on what to do and say — and what to avoid.
- How to organize communications so that crucial information gets out fast
- Ways to prepare so that communicators can put their effort toward situation-specific issues
- Why some messages work better than others
- How to choose the right words
- Skills to be an effective spokesperson or prepare leadership for success
- What you need to know about special populations or other unique factors in your audience
About the Speaker:
Precision wordsmith Doug Levy has spent more than 20 years at the intersection of technology, science, health, policy, and ethics and now is a consultant to corporations, academic institutions, and other organizations on crisis communications and reputation management. As a freelance journalist, Doug writes mostly about health, science, and technology. His first book, The Communications Golden Hour: The Essential Guide to Public Information When Every Minute Counts reached No. 1 in the public relations and public administration categories on Amazon.com when it was released in April 2018.