Why join IABC?
IABC is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through business communications. IABC/OC members hold positions in a wide variety of communications disciplines including public relations, media relations, corporate communications, employee communications, graphic design, writing and editing, investor relations, and more. We work for organizations of every size, including corporations, public relations agencies, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, and many others, as well as our own businesses.[/vc_column_text]
Benefits of Membership
- Creating Connections – Unparalleled opportunities for career development through job connections and online educational offerings, the Orange County chapter’s Network and Knowledge series, as well as global events throughout the year.
- Connect with Ideas – Communication World (CW) magazine, CW Observer Blog, and rich online resources to provide career insights.
- Certification – Get the inspiration and resources to become a certified Communication Management Professional (CMP) or Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP). Professional certification gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in business communications.
- Career Opportunities – Gain access to the international IABC Job Centre where new jobs fewer than seven (7) days old are available only to IABC members.
- Volunteering – Know people, be visible, learn a skill and make a difference through IABC/OC. Your expertise and enthusiasm can help IABC/OC advance, based on your skill sets, interests and available time.
- Connect and Advance – Discounted access to many programs such as International Gold and Silver Quill Awards and the new Communication Management Professional (CMP) certification program.
- Connect with Your Peers – Access to all the programs run by IABC/OC and the Pacific Plains region and the unbeatable network provided by IABC’s global presence in more than 100 chapters.
New and renewal membership rates for 2019 are as follows:
- New/Renewal Full (professional) Membership: $334
- Corporate Membership Package: Dependent on number of potential new members. To get a price quote, contact the IABC Headquarters at email@example.com
- New/Renewal Student Membership: $49
- Student Transition Membership (recent graduate): $207
The quickest way to become a member is to go to JOIN NOW to access the secure online registration form on IABC’s International site. If you do not wish to register online, download a copy of our professional membership application, student membership application, or student transition membership application and mail it in.
IABC membership runs for 12 months and will be processed upon receipt of full payment and application to IABC world headquarters. Members belong to the international level of the association, to a chapter if the member is within 50 miles of one, and to a region.
If you would like more detailed membership information, please contact IABC/OC Vice President of Membership Tammy Nienaber, email firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-790-6179. To start a new membership, click here. To renew your existing membership, click here
Student memberships are available to full-time students of colleges, universities and other educational institutions, as well as part-time students working toward a degree, or a certificate program, who are not presently working in the communication profession.
Professionals who have graduated from a degree program from an accredited institution in the last year are eligible for the student transition rate. The student pays half of the international dues plus full region and chapter dues. Members can only have one year as a student transition; they must then become professional members at the full professional rate.
To apply for student transition rates, please join online or download a transitional membership application. Applicants will need to fax proof of degree conferral after enrolling with the Member Relations, which can be one of the following:
- Dated letter from Registrar on letterhead of an accredited institution stating date of graduation and degree conferred.
- Photocopy of diploma from accredited institution stating degree and date conferred.
- Photocopy of transcript from accredited institution stating graduation date and degree conferred.
This proof may be faxed to 415-544-4747 after phone enrollment.
-Other proof may be considered. Please call our Member Relations at 800-776-4222 or 415.544-4700 to discuss any other forms of proof you’d like us to consider.