Join a Collaborative, Thriving Organization
Making a Difference in Orange County
Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropic Planning & External Relations, the newly-created Marketing & Communications Officer position is responsible for developing and executing a
comprehensive communications effort to increase overall OCCF visibility and deepen relationships withcurrent donors and professional advisors, and build relationships with prospective constituents. The successful candidate will be an experienced Marketing and Communications professional with excellent project management skills and an understanding of event development and execution.
Specifically this position will:
- Create and execute strategies and activities that advance awareness of OCCF’s role as the pre-eminent resource for Orange County philanthropy.
- Deliver and further develop OCCF’s marketing strategy, including digital marketing, events, campaigns and public relations
- Work effectively with OCCF leadership to implement a comprehensive and strategic marketing plan that leverages multiple marketing channels
- Oversee the planning and execution of 5-10 outreach and education events per year, including OCCF’s Annual Meeting which attracts 700+ business, community and philanthropy leaders
- Engage OCCF’s leadership team to identify and support their department’s communications needs
- Manage all aspects of the development of collateral material, including annual reports, e-newsletters, brochures, videos and other materials as identified
- Implement a social media and public relations strategy, including content creation and editing
- Liaison with outside marketing and public relations agency and other service providers (i.e. photographers, videographers, printers, etc.
- Be a collaborator, able to balance and blend various department needs and priorities into an effective marketing strategy, and work with other teams to complement and support each
other’s plans and objectives
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with both internal and external audiences
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening and presentation
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent budget management and contract negotiation skills
- Experience overseeing the day-to-day activities of the marketing function, including budgeting, planning, and staff supervision
- Experience planning and creating high touch events of varying sizes and complexity that meet expectations and are with established budgets
- Experience in collaboration with executive team members to understand their goals and
communication needs and provide expert guidance to them
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- A track record of marketing and communications success with a complex, preferably mission-driven organization
- Experience effectively working with committees and internal and external teams
- Minimum of five years of project management experience showing progressive growth in responsibilities and leadership
- Experience with planning and execution of both large and small scale events
- Outstanding writing skills, with an ability to create compelling, persuasive narratives that are strategically focused
- A solution-oriented approach to work with others to develop and implement integrated marketing, communications and event plans to advance strategic organizational objectives
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation and effective management of meetings
- Deep understanding of, and an appreciation for, the purpose of a mission-driven organization
- Exceptional interpersonal and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad and diverse range of people and communities as evidenced by excellent listening and communication skills, cultural responsiveness, balanced and reasoned approaches to problems, ability to inspire trust and confidence, and flexibility and curiosity to differing points of view
Salary: $80K-90K, commensurate with experience, plus full medical, dental and retirement benefits.
About the Orange County Community Foundation
Since 1989 the Orange County Community Foundation has partnered with generous individuals, families, foundations, and businesses to fulfill their philanthropic and financial objectives while
supporting the causes they care about most. Together we have awarded more than $510 million in grants and scholarships in Orange County, across the country, and around the world. Find out more at oc-cf.org.
The Orange County Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
ancestry, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position to Shannon Dean at email@example.com.