This position is responsible for managing the company’s social media and online presence, and other writing and generalist responsibilities for the Marketing team. Under the direction of the Public Relations Manager, the Social Media Coordinator monitors, writes/publishes posts and engages with multiple audiences on the Corporate Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube platforms. Develops a social media calendar and provides social media support for internal departments. Must possess excellent writing skills, sound judgment, and superb listening ability for environmental scanning. Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and best practices, experience with social listening programs such as Hootsuite and Radian 6, and familiarity with respective platform analytic tools desired.
MUST BE ABLE TO
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to various audiences and management levels, both internally and externally
- Write copy for the web and publications
- Work independently and be self-directed. Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize to meet deadlines
- Possess a solid comfort level with integrating multiple applications to streamline operations and be well versed in creating reports and measurements to track results
Other qualifications/background requirements:
- Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Professional, articulate, and able to use good judgment and discretion in handling sensitive material, and the ability to recognize when and how to escalate specific situations for resolution.
- Must be highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of photo editing programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with multiple social media platforms.
Medical and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plan, bonuses, holidays and more.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- The employee must be able to work a regular full-time schedule Monday thru Friday (40 hours/week). Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, and consistently view a computer screen.
- The employee must frequently sit at a desk, stand and walk, occasionally stoop and/or bend, and frequently reach with both hands and arms.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis.
ABOUT ALLIED UNIVERSAL
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.