COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING ASSOCIATE
The Wooden Floor is one of the most progressive arts-for-youth organizations in the country, touching the lives of over 80,000 under-served youth since its founding in 1983. It operates in a custom-built 21,000 square foot facility in Santa Ana’s Museum District. The mission of The Wooden Floor is to empower low income youth from diverse backgrounds to strengthen self-esteem, self-discipline, and a sense of accomplishment through dance, academic and family programs. The organization’s strong commitment to excellence is reflected in a cutting edge dance education curriculum, supportive tutoring, college scholarship programs, community workshops, student counseling and crisis intervention for families.
The Communications & Marketing Associate provides a variety of detail-oriented, administrative and creative assistance to the Director of Communications and Marketing, including the design and creation of marketing collateral, maintenance of the organization’s website and external social media websites, digital marketing, management of media lists, event planning and setup, working with external vendors such as printers and mail houses, and writing press releases, promotional articles, letters, and other documents. The Communications and Marketing Associate supports the mission by keeping The Wooden Floor in the public eye, resulting in positive community understanding and support of the organization.
Reports To: Director of Communications and Marketing
Essential Job Functions:
Marketing and Public Relations
- Maintain and create the visual brand identity of the organization
- Lead in the design and assist in the creation of marketing collateral, including the coordination and compiling of direct mail
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of the organization’s website using CMS and FTP software, as well as social media and digital marketing including e-newsletters using Luminate Online, a Salesforce-based multichannel CRM
- Research and select targeted media lists
- Assist in writing and proofreading press releases, promotional articles, letters, and other documents as needed and requested
- Assist in the coordination of events, including but not limited to event planning and set-up, and other event logistics as needed
- Coordination and set-up of meetings, photo shoots, and video shoots
- Provide clerical assistance to the Director of Communications and Marketing, including bidding out contracts, pulling city permits, picking up and dropping off marketing materials, and working with external vendors, such as printers, mail houses, etc.
- Maintain a variety of confidential information and records as needed
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with colleagues, the press, and outside vendors
Required Education, Skills and Licensures:
- Degree in marketing, PR or design from four-year university
- 1-2 years experience working in marketing, PR or digital media
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce-based CRM, basic video production in iMovie or other software, Microsoft Office Suite, Raisers Edge Software (preferred), working knowledge of HTML (preferred)
- Web platforms, Web CMS, social media outlets, and excellent digital media skills
- Individual drive and high work ethic
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment with a culture of quality
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent judgement on the appropriateness of content
- Excellent visual design aesthetic and creative thinking skills
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills, a high regard for detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet stringent schedules and thrive under deadlines
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and respect
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Possess a valid California driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
Position Interactions: The Communications & Marketing Associate reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing and frequently interfaces with the Executive Staff Team and Development Staff in the creation and execution of supportive marketing and public relations efforts.
Compensation: Commensurate salary based upon demonstrated experience and qualifications.
American With Disabilities Act Assessment: Below are general guidelines on the position’s physical, mental, and environmental working conditions.
Climb: Not Applicable
Handle Objects: Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder Level: Occasionally
Use Fine Finger Movements: Frequently
Carry/Lift Loads up to 25 Pounds: Frequently
Carry/Lift loads between 25-50 lbs: Occasionally
Carry/Lift Loads over 50 Pounds: Occasionally
Read/Comprehend: Frequently Write: Frequently
Perform Calculations: Frequently
Communicate Orally: Frequently
Reason and Analyze: Frequently
Chemical/Biological Agent: Not Applicable
Construction Activities: Not Applicable
Contact with Water/Liquids: Occasionally
Drive Motorized Equipment: Occasionally (Car)
Confined Spaces: Not Applicable
Elevated Work Location: Not Applicable
Radioactive Materials: Not Applicable
Temperature Variations: Not Applicable
Gas System: Not Applicable
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume as well as digital portfolio with design and writing samples to: Info@TheWoodenFloor.org with “Communications & Marketing Associate” in the subject line.