Volunteer Leadership Opportunities
Want to improve your leadership skills? Learn a new skill in a supportive environment that you can take back to your job? Build your personal brand? Elevate and give back to your profession? Make strong connections with other leaders who can serve as peer mentors? Here’s your chance! IABC/OC has volunteer leadership opportunities available to help you develop skills that can take you to the next level in your career.
Opportunities are available to match various skills, experience, time availability, and professional development goals. So, let’s find an opportunity that matches your interests.
Open volunteer leadership opportunities:
- Director, Social Media
- Task Forces
To learn more about developing leadership skills in a supportive environment through volunteering with IABC, contact IABC/OC President Cara Raffele.
In your email, please include:
- A link to your LinkedIn page or a brief summary of your communications experience.
- Notes on your availability (e.g., June to September, all year, two hours a month, five hours a month).
- Your committee preferences (list all that apply):
- Professional Development – event logistics (venue/catering), speaker recruitment, event promotion.
- Communications – social media, member communications, marketing, website.
- Sponsorship – partner management and recruitment.
- Membership – retention and recruitment.
- Special Interest Groups – IndyComm for independent practitioners, student outreach, and more.